Sidney Walton, 100, one of America's oldest WWII vets, was born in NYC 2/11/1919.
He joined the Army in '41 to fight Hitler, nine months before America entered the war. He served in the CBI theater, 34th infantry, 8th division, as a corporal. After five years of war he returned to America.
Sidney hopes that WII, the most horrific war ever fought in the history of the planet, is the last world war.
Sidney regrets not meeting some of the last Civil War veterans, and to make up for that lifelong regret, Sidney and his son Paul are visiting every state capital and all 50 governors, and millions of patriotic Americans as they tour each entire state.
On April 11th, Sidney and his family were honored to meet with the President in the Oval Office! (See video.)
23 GOVERNORS HAVE HONORED SIDNEY FOR HIS SERVICE!!! 27 MORE TO GO!!
1. 4/24/18 - RI Gov. Gina Raimondo (appointed Honorary Brigadier General - video)
2. 4/30/18 - MA Gov. Charlie Baker (honored at Fenway) - article/video
3. 5/4/18 - ME Gov. Paul LePage - video
4. 5/10/18 - CT Gov. Dannel Malloy - video
5. 5/18/18 - NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo - video
6. 5/24/18 - NJ Gov. Phil Murphy - photo
7. 5/28/18 - IN Gov. Eric Holcomb (and Indy 500) - video
8. 6/11/18 - NE Gov. Pete Ricketts - video
9. 6/19/18 - TN Gov. Bill Haslam - video
10. 6/26/18 - KY Gov. Matt Bevin - video
11. 7/3/18 - IL Gov. Bruce Rauner (honored at Wrigley - video)
12. 7/11/18 - FL Gov. Rick Scott - video
13. 9/25/18 - AK Gov. Bill Walker - video
14. 10/5/18 - HI Gov. David Ige - video
15. 10/17/18 - WA Gov. Jay Inslee - video
16. 10/22/18 - OR Gov. Kate Brown - video
17. 12/11/18 - LA Gov. John Edwards - video
18. 12/17/18 - MS Gov. Phil Bryant - article/video
19. 12/18/18 - TX Gov. Greg Abbott - video
20. 4/26/19 - SC Gov. Henry McMaster - video
21. 5/2/19 - MO Gov. Mike Parson - video
22. 6/24/19 - NC Gov. Roy Cooper - video
23. 7/29/19 - CA Gov. Gavin Newsom - video
24. Seeking sponsorship...
"As the Greatest Generation passes away, here is one last opportunity to thank Corporal Walton, a member of that generation who served our nation so nobly through its period of greatest need. Their contributions to our nation and to the preservation of civilization itself should never be forgotten." (RI House Resolution, 4/24/18).